Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My new hobby....




Over the last few days, I have created a new hobby for myself. I never was a big fan of collecting things like stamps, coins or Beanie Babies (OK, maybe shoes. Alas, I think I may have found the coolest collection hobby of all time (and my new happy place)! I have been collecting all my friends on Facebook!

Now I've had a MySpace page for awhile, and I have had a sad little Facebook page (not even a profile pic) that I created basically to communuicate with a couple of people. But over the long New Year's weekend, I decided to go balls to the wall and stalk all my friends from the last 25 or so years and see what I could come up with.

Well, I officially went from about 3 friends to almost 120 friends in no time! I think I have "collected" my entire college social group into my little Facebook page.

I have my very own Saturday night keg party all right here on my computer. My sorority sisters - THERE, my frat boys - THERE, my baseball players who I spent hours upon hours in class - THERE, my ex-boyfriend NOT THERE (ha!) - my Decatur friends - THERE, along with a few of my high school friends.

I've gotten to see amazing weight loss in couple of old friends, everyone's cute little kiddos, and the amazing accomplishments and careers and overall life choices these people who I spent my life with (and got drunk with) for years have made. I also found out an old high school friend has recently moved to Paradise. I've gotten to catch up on 12-20 years worth of life in people in literally a matter of 5 days.

So, if you out there on Facebook, look up Robin Newton Miller and add me as your friend....I don't want to stop my collection yet.

1 comment: